CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Steampunk Watch Band Bracelet












 
Click for larger view
Click for larger view
I have been in the creative mood and last night made another steampunk piece. Again most of the hardware is old broken watch parts and jewelry pieces that were basically junk and piled up in the box. You know the kind you can't seem to throw away for some reason? Well now you can keep those hidden treasures and recycle them into true one of kind pieces. I am including a breakdown of the material I used making this piece and up-close pictures Just ignore the string of glue on some of the pieces .I was in such a hurry to share I didn't get all the strings off. Even though it is dry it is still easy to get the little pieces of glue off. Just be careful not to pull off your gears!!

 
Click for larger view
I used E-6000 glue again to hold this together. The watch band was connected to the star with zipper chains off a purse( chain that was on the zipper pull as decoration) .I used Tim Holts gears ,cogs and watch hand( from ebay seller Grab Bag Man ) The tiny parts are from Time and Management (on esty)The base piece that I used was a piece of jewelry from the Wal-Mart bead and craft section. It had 3 chains hanging from it that I took off and saved for something else. The watch band was to a man's watch that was given to one of my girls (I don't ask anymore why they bring things home. Maybe stuff is calling to me)
I just sat down and got everything laid out on my board and started setting things together .Lot of trial and failures but in the end it became what it wanted to be. I never set down with intent to create something in particular. I just sort of play with my supplies and it seems to create itself. It is the same way I draw. Sometimes it can be frustrating and then I have to remind myself that if I am having this must trouble it is not ready to be created. Those are the times I have to just put it up and try again later. Yea I think I am a little bit eccentric. The crazy lady. But that's ok . I like me just fine. I am still evolving and never plan on stopping.
As always
Have fun doing what you Love and Love what you are doing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment