CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recycling old books


Recycled book 
I have been trying to come up with an idea of making my own books/journal that fits my style. There is a lot of information on making your own books but I was looking for something that would use what I have on hand. I realized that I would have to research binding, glue and a whole new set of research to be able to do this. I sat here thinking and started playing with the idea of using old books that are of no value. This is what I came up with.

I told you in an earlier post of the great Tim Holtz paper my best friend, Valerey, got me and how I couldn't wait to use it. Well I didn't wait I took her paper and created my own recycled journal I absolutely love this idea. I like the look of writing on the pages that are printed and have pictures on .Maybe it was a guilty little bad thing from being told not to write in school books.LOL.

I uses Mod Podge puzzle saver to glue the pages .This seemed to make them stronger so the pocket I made was sturdy. The pocket is just a simple gusset folded pocket and was easy to make. I was thinking that it would be difficult be surprisingly it was very simple. After figuring out what paper and the design of layering the paper I ended up with a nice sturdy journal that maybe saved a stump. Either way I will be exploring different ways to use books. My scribbling in the book needs work > I have awful handwriting ……….Must learn
Calligraphy below are several images of the book with before and after images.

Here are some links to other recycled books that I just love ! Check them out and see what you can make today!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/30022596@N06/3109033149/A wonderful recycled book tree Will look good at at Christmas .


http://www.flickr.com/photos/balancedcrafts/4271557131/ A very unique idea. Pencil holder


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizbits/2285999512/This is very unique paper pendent.A must see!
Remember

Have fun doing what your Love and Love what you are doing!


POCKET ON INSIDE 

Back inside cover

Second inside page 

Before and after 

0 comments:

Post a Comment