CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Steampunk Jewelry ....My First Ever Piece!!








I fell in love with steampunk a while back  and have wanted to start creating it for so long.Last night I bit the bullet and just went for it. I love how it came out ,some might not like the style  but I create what I love for myself . I made this piece with some new and old broken pieces. No Val., the cogs and wheels are mine ,lol.
  I got the wings off a star cross thing from Walmart . I had went shopping and got these this weekend. The hanger was a broken cross necklace.Watch face was from a  man's old  watch. The cogs I got off Etsy (sorry shop owner I for got the name..) The tiny watch parts are from Esty shop Time and Materials ( visit her shop at  www.timeandmaterials­etsy.­com)



The chain was from purses that I recycled the  hard wear on. Other pieces are just from watch guts( as I call them) . I uses E-6000 glue to hold it all together. It takes a while to dry but when it does it is very strong.  I love the way it looks and am excited to make something else. I have changed my view on old vcr,dvd tv and other things when they break. Now I can't wait to take them apart to see what things I can make with them! Give steampunk a try you never know , it might  worm it's way into your heart and inspire you to look at 'junk' in  a new light. Recycling has never been thins much fun!
As always 
Have fun doing what you Love and Love what you are doing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment