CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Knitting Markers


 
While shopping for my needles I saw the most unappealing  knitting markers.They were just the round plastic circles. No character at all. sure you could crochet around them ,but I prefer something that suites my mood at the time. looking up knitting up markers showed me the vast talent of many artist .They made knitting toppers  as well as knitting markers. The idea of making my own appealed to me so much that I made about 60 of them at one sitting. Mostly beads and hook wire.It will take me time to perfect the wire twisting so that it is smooth and without rough edges that will get caught on the yarn. Not only is it satisfying to make my own it is also a great way to recycle and use up broken jewelry.All the beads you see in the image above were taken from jewelry i had in my jewelry box.They were broken and no use to me but i could throw them away. They had sentimental value only to me.Creating them into knitting markers gave me a way to use them and remember what they stand for.
Now i am looking into creating seasonal knitting markers. Clay will give the medium to create holiday and everyday markers.And what a great gift idea for someone that loves to knit. Give it a try and you will be surprised at the feeling you get from making your own personal knitting markers.
As soon as my clay blocks arrive from the company i bought them from i plan to do a tut (tutorial) on the type of markers. I cant wait to make Halloween and Christmas knitting markers!!
Remember as always do what you love and have fun while doing it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment